Donner kebabs have to be one of the most missed things. It isn't that the meat isn't gluten free (it could be!) but more that it is one hell off a cross contamination issue and that pitta is certainly a no go. Doner is really easy to make yourself gluten free and you can top it with whatever sauces you like!
This recipe is...
Low Sugar High Protein High Fibre Slimming World Friendly
350g lamb steaks
250g lamb mince
1 red onion
1tsp ground coriander
1tsp ground cumin
1/4tsp cayenne pepper
1tsp sea salt
1/4tsp black pepper
4 gluten free pitta breads (we used BFree)
Salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber etc)
Any sauces of choice (mayo, sweet chilli, bbq etc)Preparation Time:
15 MinsCooking Time:
20 MinsThis recipe makes 4 servings
This recipe is free from...
1. Dice the lamb steaks into rough cubes, place the cubes in a food processor along with the lamb mince.
2. Roughly chop the red onion and add to the lamb in the food processor, also add in the ground coriander, ground cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Blitz the lamb mixture until fairly smooth.
3. Split the mix into 4 pieces, place each piece between two pieces of cling film and roll out until about half a centimetre thick.
4. Heat a little oil in a frying pan and fry each piece of doner for 2-3 minutes on both sides.
5. While cooking the doner, place the pittas under the grill to brown then fill with salad. Once all the doner is cooked place in the pittas along with the salad and serve with any sauces of choice and some chips!
Nutritional info per serving