If you can't have dairy as well as gluten, then creme eggs are out, they are of course gluten free but not dairy free. So instead why not make a giant dippy fondant egg, it's a creme egg but on a bigger scale and as long as you use a dairy free egg it is dairy free as well as gluten free, depending on the egg if will also be vegan!
This recipe is...
Dairy Free Chocolate Egg (we used Moo Free Chocolate Egg)
250g White Icing (such as Dr Oetker)
2-3tbsps of water
Yellow Food ColouringPreparation Time:
15 MinsCooking Time:
0 MinsThis recipe makes 4 servings
This recipe is free from...
1. Split the Easter egg in half, try and keep one side as intact as you can, if you don't require dairy free, you could use certain Cadbury eggs which are usually split in half already.
2. Set one half of the shell aside to hold the fondant, break the other half into large chunks to use as scoops, or you could use a couple of bars or chocolate as spoons if you wished.
3. To make the fondant filling, split off about 50g of the white icing, break into chunks and put in a bowl, split the rest of the icing into chunks in another bowl.
4. Add about a tablespoon of water to the largest amount of white icing and using a spoon or fork work the water into the icing so it softens and starts to turn runny, you want it still to be thick but scoopable, if it is still too thick add a little more water but don't overdo it.
5. Add a few drops of yellow food colouring to the small amount of white icing you have in the other bowl, work the colour into the icing, this will start to loosen it so see how much it softens before adding water. Once well worked in, add water to loosen into a fondant, this is best done a few drops at a time so you don't overdo it.
6. Pour the white fondant into the half egg shell, give a shake so it levels out. Drop the yellow into the middle and shake again to level it. Use the broken chocolate from the rest of the shell to scoop up the fondant and enjoy!.
You could use any normal Easter which is gluten free if you don't require dairy free
Nutritional info per serving