I love to experiment with flours and coconut flour is one of those I was desperate to try in a cake. It is quite heavy so doesn't always work in baking, but for this naturally gluten free coconut cake it is fabulous, this one is definitely one for coconut lovers though as it used the flour, coconut oil and milk!
This recipe is...
Vegetarian Dairy Free
55g coconut flour
1/2tsp bicarbonate of soda
40g desiccated coconut
70g coconut oil
100ml Alpro coconut milk
2tsp vanilla extract
2 egg whitesPreparation Time:
20 MinsCooking Time:
30 MinsThis recipe makes 8 slices
This recipe is free from...
1. In a bowl mix together the flour, bicarbinate of soda, salt and desiccated coconut.
2. In another bowl, melt the coconut oil for a few seconds in the microwave until liquid, add the honey, coconut milk, vanilla extract and eggs too the oil and whisk until foamy.
3. In yet another bowl whisk the two egg whites until stiff peaks.
4. Mix the foamy egg mix into the dry ingredients and then gently fold in the egg whites, the finished mix will be very thick.
5. Grease and line a cake pan, add in the mixture and bake in the oven on gas mark 5 for 30-40 mins.
Nutritional info per slice