A popular Slimming World favourite for none gluten free people using packet rice which isn't Coeliac safe, so we came up with a gluten free version made from scratch. If you like curry, you will like it put in a quiche! It's not only for Slimming Worlders though, it is perfect for anyone and really easy to make.
This recipe is...
Vegetarian Low Calorie Low Sugar Low Fat Slimming World Friendly
40g long grain rice
200ml kallo vegetable stock
1 tsp mild curry powder
50g diced carrot
1 Can Chickpea Dahl
3 eggsPreparation Time:
10 MinsCooking Time:
40 MinsThis recipe makes Serves 4
This recipe is free from...
1. Dissolve the vegetable stock in boiling water and add in the curry powder, cook the rice in the stock until tender.
2. Cook the carrots in boiling water until soft and same with the peas
3. Once everything in cooked, mix the peas, carrots, rice and chickpea dahl in a bowl.
4. Beat the eggs and add to the chickpea mix.
5. Put the mix in a quiche dish and bake in the oven for 25-30 mins on gas mark 5.
6. Check the egg is cooked all the way through, if unsure cut the quiche in half and put back in the oven for a little longer. It can be hard to tell if the egg is fully cooked.
Nutritional info per slice