Chocolate cookies are every kids favourite, these cute cookies are super easy to make and would be so good to make with the kids. They are soft and crumbly (when aren't gluten free biscuits soft and crumbly?) and have a fabulously cracked effect by using icing sugar. Simply decorated and very chocolatey.
This recipe is...
Vegetarian Low Calorie Low Fat Dairy Free
155g gluten free plain flour
25g cocoa powder
1/2tsp baking powder
50g sunflower spread
130g caster sugar
1/2tsp vanilla extract
45g icing sugarPreparation Time:
40 MinsCooking Time:
15 MinsThis recipe makes 12 cookies
This recipe is free from...
1. In a large bowl mix together the flour, cocoa and baking powder. Add in the sunflower spread and rub together with your hands to make a breadcrumb consistency.
2. Add the caster sugar, egg and vanilla to the flour mixture and beat well until you get a dough. The dough should be soft, almost like a cake batter but slightly thicker.
3. Turn the dough out onto cling film, wrap up and place in the fridge to firm up slightly for around 30 mins.
4. Split into 12 pieces, roughly the size of walnuts. Roll the balls in the icing sugar and place on a greased and lined baking tray, leave a good gap between each so they have room to spread.
5. Place the baking tray in an oven preheated to gas mark 3 and bake for 12-15 mins. Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack to
cool and firm up.
This recipe first appeared on our 2017 calendar.
If you don't need dairy free you can use any margarine instead of sunflower spread
Nutritional info per cookie