We love cowboy pie in our house, it's like a gluten free cottage pie, only better. A layer of mince beef lightly spiced with curry powder and padded out with some veg, a middle layer of baked beans and a gorgeous creamy mash topping with some cheese to brown it off. Proper comfort food!
This recipe is...
High Fibre Slimming World Friendly
50ml semi skimmed milk
500g mince beef
2tbsp medium curry powder
2tbsp tomato puree
1tsp gluten free worcestershire sauce
200ml beef stock
2tbsp gluten free gravy granules
400g baked beans in tomato sauce
80g cheddar cheesePreparation Time:
15 MinsCooking Time:
50 MinsThis recipe makes 4 servings
This recipe is free from...
1. Boil the potatoes in water until softened then mash with the milk until creamy.
2. Dice the carrots and onion and fry in a frying pan along with the mince beef, add the curry powder, tomato puree and Worcestershire sauce too and fry until the mince is browned, it doesn't have to be completely cooked though.
3. Add the stock and simmer for 5-10 mins, stir in the gravy granules to thicken. Once thickened pour into a large oven proof dish.
4. Layer the can of baked beans on top of the mince beef then spread the mashed potatoes over the top of this.
5. Grate the cheese and sprinkle over the top so you will get a lovely golden finish.
6. Place the pie in the oven on gas mark 5 for 40 mins until well browned then serve.
NB: For Slimming World friendly, use reduced fat cheddar for 1/2 a HEa per serving + 3 syns
Nutritional info per serving