These cookie type biscuits are gluten free and dairy free, deliciously light and very soft they almost have the texture of cake not a crispy biscuit but they are amazing moreish all the same. They have an almost buttery taste and texture with the crisp crunch of coconut thrown in. They won't be in the biscuit tin for long!
This recipe is...
Vegan Low Sugar Low Fat FODMAP Friendly
115g rice flour
Pinch xanthan gum
1/2 tsp gluten free baking powder
70g dairy free sunflower spread
1 tbsp golden syrup
40g caster sugar
50g desiccated cocounutPreparation Time:
10 MinsCooking Time:
10 MinsThis recipe makes 10 biscuits
This recipe is free from...
1. Sift together the rice flour, cornflour, xanthan gum and baking powder.
2. Add in the sunflower spread, golden syrup, caster sugar and coconut.
3. Mix together well until you get a stiffish dough.
4. Line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
5. Drop a dessert spoon full of the mix onto the baking sheet, and push down lightly, dont let it go to flat you want it to still be fairly round and raised.
6. The mix should make about 10 biscuits, once you have dropped all the mixture place in the oven on gas mark 4 for about 10 mins until golden on top.
Dairy free sunflower spread can be replaced with margarine or normal sunflower spread if dairy free isn't required
Nutritional info per biscuit