Whether you are making it for a special occasion or just as a cake for after dinner, you can't go wrong with a chocolate roulade, it even makes a wonderful Christmas Yule Log. This roulade is naturally gluten free as it doesn't use flour, it is totally egg based which makes it light but also gives a crispy outer.
This recipe is...
145g dark chocolate
5 eggs, separated
145g caster sugar
1.5tbsp cocoa powder
200ml double or whipping cream
30g white chocolatePreparation Time:
40 MinsCooking Time:
25 MinsThis recipe makes 8 servings
This recipe is free from...
1. In a bowl, melt dark chocolate over pan of hot water.
2. Separate eggs into two bowls, whisk egg whites to stiff peaks.
3. Add the sugar and cocoa powder to the yolks and whisk until a thick and creamy consistency is reached.
4. Pour the melted chocolate into the yolks and fold in, add two spoonfuls of the whites into the yolks and fold in to thin down the mix slightly
5. Gently pour the chocolate mix into the whites and fold in until well combined.
6. Grease and line a 24x14cm swiss roll in, pour in the mix and bake on gas mark 4 for 20-25 mins.
7. Allow the roulade to go cold in the tin. Once cold turn out onto a piece of baking parchment.
8. Whisk the cream in a bowl until stiff then spread the cream over the roulade.
9. With one of the short sides towards you, roll the top of the roulade up and toward, use the parchment to help you roll it up, keep it tight, the cake will crack as you roll but that's fine.
10. Melt the white chocolate and drizzle on top.
Nutritional info per serving