Chocolate and redcurrants are a truly delicious combination, a soft gluten free chocolate sponge topped with silky smooth chocolate buttercream and a smattering of redcurrants on the top is just the job. Don't over do the red currants, just a handful is enough to give you that fantastic tang they have.
This recipe is...
140g caster sugar
1tbsp cocoa powder
140g gluten free self raising flour
2 large eggsTopping
400g icing sugar
1 tbsp cocoa powder
50g redcurrantsPreparation Time:
30 MinsCooking Time:
20 MinsThis recipe makes 8 Cupcakes
This recipe is free from...
1. In a large bowl cream together the sugar and margarine.
2. In another bowl, place both the cocoa powder and flour, gradually sift this mix into the sugar/margarine alternating with the egg (some flour, an egg, some more flour etc) until all the flour has gone and both eggs have been added. Mix well with a wooden spoon.
3. Line a cupcake tin with paper cakes, spoon about 2 and half heaped teaspoons of the mix into each case.
4. Place the cakes in the oven, gas mark 4 for 20 mins or until cooked
5. Once cooked allow to go cold (around an hour or so),once cold, with a fork cream together the icing sugar, cocoa powder and margarine until smooth and creamy.
6. Place the butter cream in a piping bag and gently pipe the cream onto the top of the cakes, if you don't want to pipe you could spread it with the back of a spoon instead. Top with redcurrants.
Nutritional info per cupcake