Chocolate and peanut butter work so well together and cakes are a perfect way to pair the two. Delectable, moist chocolate cupcakes covered in a layer of peanut butter frosting. Great to make with the kids and get them baking! These are of course gluten free but also dairy free, this recipe calls for soya milk rather than regular milk!
This recipe is...
Vegetarian Dairy Free FODMAP Friendly
IngredientsFor the cakes
120g caster sugar
120g Pure soya spread
1 tsp soya milk
110g gluten free self raising flour
Pinch xanthan gum
10g cocoa powderFor the top
70g Pure soya spread
140g icing sugar
140g crunchy peanut butter
1 tbsp soya milk
40g dark chocolate chipsPreparation Time:
20 MinsCooking Time:
20 MinsThis recipe makes 12 cakes
This recipe is free from...
1. Cream together the caster sugar and soya spread until smooth.
2. Beat the eggs with the soya milk.
3. In another bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder and xanthan gum.
4. Gradually add the egg and flour mix to the sugar and soya spread, alternating between the two until all the flour and eggs are used.
5. Place about a heaped teaspoon full of the mix into cupcake cases and bake in the oven on gas mark 5 for about 20 minutes until cooked.
6. Once cooked remove from oven and leave to go completely cold. Once cold mix together all the topping ingredients except the chocolate chips to form a thick paste and spread on top of the cakes.
7. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of the cakes.
Soya spread can be replaced with normal margarine and soya milk can be replaced with semi skimmed milk if dairy free is not required
Nutritional info per cake