Choux pastry is notoriously hard to make never mind adding gluten free into the mix. It has to have plenty of air to puff up and without gluten there's not much allowing it to stretch, however it is possible to make gluten free! Make sure you use hard butter and not margarine otherwise it will not work!
This recipe is...
Vegetarian Low Sugar
60g unsalted hard butter
80g gluten free white bread flour
150ml double or whipping cream
60g chocolatePreparation Time:
30 MinsCooking Time:
35 MinsThis recipe makes 6 eclairs
This recipe is free from...
1. Put the butter and water in a pan, stir over a low heat until the butter has melted and then bring to boil then remove from the heat.
2. Add flour and sugar to the hot water mix and beat hard until it comes away from the sides of the pan. Place in a bowl to cool.
3. Once cool whisk in one egg with an electric whisk and then the other until a thick dough is formed. Place the dough in a piping bag.
4. Line a baking tray with baking paper and pipe 6 lines of the dough (about 4 inches).
5. Place in an oven heated to gas mark 7, add a tray of water to the bottom of the oven, the steam will help them rise. Bake for 10 minutes, without opening, turn the oven down to gas mark 5 and cook for another 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to go cold.
6. Whisk the cream until stiff, place in a piping bag, push the nozzle into the end of the eclair and pipe in cream, do the same at the other end to ensure it goes all the way through. Melt chocolate and spoon over the top. Allow to set.
Nutritional info per eclair