Chocolate crunch (or concrete, or brick, whatever you knew it as) was always a favourite of mine in school, it was always best when it was just warm out of the oven. I just had to make it gluten free so I could enjoy it again at home, it only used for ingredients and is also super easy to make dairy free (and even vegan).
This recipe is...
Vegan Low Fat FODMAP Friendly
200g granulated sugar
150g sunflower spread
200g gluten free plain flour
50g cocoa powderPreparation Time:
5 MinsCooking Time:
25 MinsThis recipe makes 12 pieces
This recipe is free from...
1. Cream together the sugar and sunflower spread.
2. Sieve in the flour and cocoa powder and beat well until you get a dough type consistency, you may want to use your hands to pull it all together.
3. Grease a rectangle baking tray and push the mixture into the tin until all evenly covered, the top doesn't need to be flat, a few bumps works well.
4. Bake in an oven preheated to gas mark 6 for 25-30 minutes until the top is firm.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly, sprinkle over some granulated sugar and then cut into 12 squares while still in the tin and use a fish slice to help remove it from the tin. Place the pieces on a cooling rack and allow to go fully cold.
If dairy free is not needed you can use regular margarine instead of sunflower
Nutritional info per piece