Sweet potato in a curry is just amazing, throw in some chicken to add a ton of protein. This curry is mild in flavour and uses Pataks curry paste (all of which are gluten free) so you don't have to faff around making your own. We've given it a creamier flavour by adding some coconut milk to the mix too.
This recipe is...
Low Fat High Fibre Dairy Free Slimming World Friendly
4tsp Pataks mild curry paste
4 chicken breast fillets
4 medium sweet potatoes
1 onion (optional)
800ml chicken stock
400ml coconut milk
70g garden peas
2tsp cornflour (optional)Preparation Time:
10 MinsCooking Time:
15 MinsThis recipe makes 4 servings
This recipe is free from...
1. Chop chicken and sweet potato into bite size chunks.
2. Fry curry paste in a frying pan for a minute then add in the chicken and potato making sure to coat them in the paste. If you like you can also add in an onion at this stage but we prefer making it without onion. Fry for 1 minute.
3. Add in stock and coconut milk and simmer for 15 mins until the sauce has reduced down by approx half.
4. Add in the peas and cook until until potato is tender and chicken is cooked though.
5. If the sauce is too thin then mix the cornflour with a little water and add into the curry to thicken the sauce, if the sauce is fairly thick then leave as it is. Serve with rice.
Nutritional info per serving