Christmassy crispy cakes! Crispy cakes are cute little treats at the best of time, use gluten free rice crispies and they are a relatively cheap little snack. Top with some chocolate and mini candy canes and you can make mini crispy Christmas puds, you could use icing and make holly for the top if you want traditional!
This recipe is...
Vegetarian Low Calorie Low Fat Slimming World Friendly
200g milk or dark chocolate
125g gluten free rice crispies or coco rice crispies
50g white chocolate
16 mini candy canesPreparation Time:
20 MinsCooking Time:
40 MinsThis recipe makes 16 treats
This recipe is free from...
1. Melt the milk or dark chocolate in a microwave or in a bowl placed over a pan of boiling water.
2. Once the chocolate is melted pour in the rice crispies and mix well so all the crispies are coated in chocolate.
3. Using petit four case, place a teaspoon of mix into a case, make the top as round as possible. Fill 16 cases with the mix then place in the fridge for 20-30 mins to allow the chocolate to set solid.
4. Once the crispies have set, melt the white chocolate, again either in microwave or over a pan of boiling water. Place around 1/2tsp of the melted chocolate onto the top of the each crispie, it should drizzle down the sides.
5. Press a candy cane onto the white chocolate while it is still warm then let the chocolate drizzle for a couple of minutes before returning the crispies to the fridge for at least another 15-20 minutes to set the white chocolate. Once set they are ready to eat!.
Nutritional info per treat