Bread is so difficult to master gluten free, the flours aren't as stable as wheat flour so getting a good rise and texture can be a bit hit and miss until you hit the right combination. Easiest way to make gluten free bread is use a bread maker, and this recipe is perfect for just that method of baking!
This recipe is...
Vegetarian Low Sugar Low Fat Dairy Free
300ml soya milk
1tsp apple cyder vinegar
50ml vegetable oil
350g gluten free strong white bread flour
2tsp gluten free dry yeastPreparation Time:
10 MinsCooking Time:
3 Hours 30 MinsThis recipe makes 10 slices
This recipe is free from...
MethodThis recipe is for a bread maker only
1. Beat together the soya milk, cyder vinegar, oil and eggs in a jug and pour into the bread maker pan.
2. Sift together the flour, salt and sugar and pour on top of the wet ingredients.
3. Sprinkle the yeast on the top and close the lid.
4. For the best results we found a standard setting worked better than a gluten free setting therefore this recipe will work in all bread makers. Choose a basic setting, if you have the choice on your machine, select a medium sized loaf with a medium crust colour. The optimal time needed to cook is 3 hours 15 mins to 3 hours 30 mins. Once setting are done, start the machine.
5. Check after a few minutes of cooking and gently push the dough away from the sides using a spatula, after this close the lid and leave the machine to it until finished.
6. Once cooked remove from the machine, remember to remove the blade from the centre of the bread (that's whats caused the hole in the top of ours!),and slice.
Normal milk can be used in place of soya milk if you don't want the bread dairy free
Nutritional info per slice