I love some beetroot almost as much as chickpeas, these gluten free and meat free burgers make use of both of these delicious ingredients, combined with gentle spicey flavours they make a lovely vegetarian alternative to burgers, great served with a salad or even with a BBQ.
This recipe is...
Vegetarian Low Sugar Low Fat Dairy Free Slimming World Friendly
400g canned chickpeas
1 red onion
2 spring onions
2 cooked beetroot
Juice of half a lemon
50g oats or rice flakes
1tsp chilli powder
1/4tsp cayenne pepper
1/4tsp black pepperPreparation Time:
15 MinsCooking Time:
10 MinsThis recipe makes 6 burgers
This recipe is free from...
1. Drain a can of chickpeas and place in a food processor.
2. Peel and chop the red onion, roughly chip the spring onions and grated the beetroot. Place all in the food processor with the chickpeas.
3. Add the lemon juice, oats, egg, garlic, chilli powder, cayenne pepper and black pepper to the rest of the ingredients. Blend in the food processor for a minute until you get a paste.
4. Grease or use Frylight in a frying pan and grease/spray crumpet rings. Once hot spoon the mix into the crumpet rings, we find the mix is a little too runny to create and effective burger without the aid of a crumpet ring, it just helps to keep them more stable.
5. Fry for 3-4 mins on each side until well browned.
Nutritional info per burger