When you are left with overripe bananas don't thrown them in the rubbish, instead, make them into a delicious banana loaf, very tasty and a cake that all the family will like, it saves discarding those bananas you've paid for. Made gluten free, dairy free and lightly spiced it's perfect with a nice hot brew!
This recipe is...
Vegetarian Dairy Free
150ml sunflower oil
200g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
300g ripe bananas, peeled
1 tsp gluten free bicarbinate of soda
1 tsp cinnamon
240g gluten free self raising flour
1/2tsp xanthan gumPreparation Time:
15 MinsCooking Time:
1 Hour 20 MinsThis recipe makes 8 slices
This recipe is free from...
1. In a bowl either whisk or beat with a wooden spoon, the sunflower oil, caster sugar, vanilla extract and eggs thick.
2. In a separate bowl mash the bananas until nearly all the big chunks are well mashed, a couple of big chunks are fine, they add some texture to the loaf.
3. Stir the mashed banana into the egg mixture.
4. Sift the bicarb, cinnamon, flour and xanthan gum to the egg and banana mix and fold in until well combined.
6. Grease a 2lb loaf tin and pour in the mixture. Place in the oven on gas mark 4 for around 45 minutes. The loaf will brown well but the mix won't be cooked through in the middle, lower the oven temperature to gas mark 2 and cook for a further 45-50 mins until fully cooked through. (Best way to check if cooked is to push a knife or skewer into the middle and see if it comes out mostly clean)
Soya milk can be replaced with semi skimmed milk if dairy free is not required
Nutritional info per slice