So many things you can do with pancakes, tarty apricots and delicate almonds go really well together and work even better in pancakes, either as a breakfast idea or as a dessert. You don't only have to have your gluten free pancakes loaded with chocolate, fruit and nuts work just as well.
This recipe is...
Vegetarian Low Fat
120g gluten free plain flour
1tsp almond extract
200g dried apricots
10g flaked almondsPreparation Time:
15 MinsCooking Time:
20 MinsThis recipe makes 4 servings
This recipe is free from...
1. Whisk together the flour, sugar, eggs, milk and almond extract in a jug or bowl to make a smooth batter. Leave the mix to stand for 10 minutes. This mixture should make 12 pancakes
2. While the mix stands, chop your dried apricots into quarters so you have smallish but still good chunky pieces of apricot.
3. Heat a little oil in a frying pan, once hot add around 2 tbsp of the batter to the pan, you want small american style pancakes for these to work best (you could use a crumpet ring to help them keep their shape if you wish),quickly add a small handful of the apricots onto of the batter.
4. Fry the pancake for one minute and then flip over, the apricots should stay in the batter as you flip. Fry for another 1 to 2 minutes then transfer to a plate, repeat with remaining pancakes. (If you have a big enough frying pan you could do a couple a once if you have room)
5. You might want to keep any pancakes made warm in a very low oven while you cook any remaining pancakes so they don't go cold.
6. Serve three pancakes per person and top with a few flaked almonds.
Nutritional info per serving