I love my berries and they always work spectacularly well in both hot or cold desserts. I especially love blackberries in a crumble, even more so when paired with apple. Topped with a gluten free crunchy crumble, it's a perfect hot dessert, served with some creamy custard! This recipe is also vegan too!
This recipe is...
Vegan Low Fat Dairy Free
2 bramley apples
2tbsp caster sugar
100g gluten free self raising flour
50g sunflower spread
50g caster sugarPreparation Time:
10 MinsCooking Time:
40 MinsThis recipe makes 2 servings
This recipe is free from...
1. Decore the apples and place on a plate, fill the middles with caster sugar (1tbsp in each) and place in the microwave. In a 750W microwave, the apples will soften after around 8-10 mins, for a 650W you will need it in for slightly longer.
2. Once the apples have softened, remove from the microwave and scoop the soft flesh from out of the skin into a bowl along with any sugar that has run onto the plate.
3. Put the blackberries in the bowl with the apple and put back in the microwave for 2-3 mins, the blackberries will start leaking juice and soften, one this is reached, give the fruit a good mix and the blackberries will break up.
4. Place the fruit into an oven proof dish and let the fruit go cold for around an hour.
5. To make the crumble, in a bowl place the flour, butter and sugar and rub together with your hands until you get a crumbly consistency, place this on top of the fruit and place in the oven for 30 mins on gas mark 4 until crumble is browned.
Nutritional info per serving