I am really not a fan of tomatoes and only eat them when I really have too, so chilli has never really been something I have made, however this chilli is completely tomato free and made with sausages, packed with mixed beans and spices it makes a fabulously delicious lunch or evening meal for all the family.
This recipe is...
Vegetarian Low Sugar Low Fat High Protein Slimming World Friendly
6 Heck super lean thins sausages
2 red onions
1 red pepper
2tsp crushed garlic
2tsp chilli powder
300g Birds Eye Mexican Bean Mix (frozen chickpeas, black beans and kidney beans)
300ml vegetable stock
50g baby spinachPreparation Time:
10 MinsCooking Time:
15 MinsThis recipe makes 2 servings
This recipe is free from...
NB: This recipe could be made vegan by switching the sausages to a vegan alternative.
1. Heat a frying pan with a drop of oil or frylight, heat and fry sausages, once browned, slice in half and fry to ensure the middle is cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Dice the onions and pepper and place in the frying pan along with the crushed garlic and fry until onion has softened, then add in the turmeric, chilli powder, oregano and fry for another minute.
3. Add the frozen mixed beans to the pan (no need to defrost) and warm for a minute before adding in the stock.
4. Once you have poured the stock in return the sausages to the pan and leave to cook for 4-5 mins on a simmering heat.
5. About a minute before the end chuck in the spinach leaves and stir until they wilt down, serve immediately.
Nutritional info per serving