Soup is the best of those cold days when you just want to snuggle up on the sofa. A nice bowl of naturally gluten free creamy tomato soup would certainly hit the spot, it can also be made dairy free/vegan if the cream is omitted, as nice as the cream makes it, it is still very delicious without it.
This recipe is...
Vegetarian Low Calorie Low Sugar Low Fat
5 large tomatoes
350ml vegetable stock
1Tbsp tomato puree
Salt and pepper to taste
Spoonful double cream
Spring of basilPreparation Time:
10 MinsCooking Time:
30 MinsThis recipe makes 3
This recipe is free from...
1. Remove the tomatoes from the vine, score the tomatoes around the middle twice to mark out quarters, you want the score to lightly pierce the skin but not go to far through.
2. Place the tomatoes in boiling water for 30 seconds, remove and rapidly place into iced water for a few seconds. This makes the skin easier to peel off. Remove from the water and immediately peel the skin off.
3. Roughly chop the tomatoes up along with the onion and place into the stock with some tomato puree.
4. Chop fresh basil roughly and add to the stock along with a little salt and pepper to taste.
5. Place the soup on a medium heat for 20 to 30 minutes until all the vegetables are soft. Remove from the heat.
6. Pour the soup into a blender and blend until smooth, serve with a little cream and a sprig of basil on the top.This recipe was first seem in our 2017 calendar
Nutritional info per serving