Macaroni cheese has to be one of the ultimate comfort foods and can be made with any gluten free pasta or of course gluten free macaroni if you can get it. This macaroni cheese is even more indulgent with three different cheese and with the addition of meatballs, it is calorific but a delicious treat.
This recipe is...
350g minced beef or lamb
2 cloves garlic
A small handful fresh coriander leavesPasta and sauce
200g gluten free pasta
2 cloves garlic
4tbp gluten free plain flour
1.8 litres milk
90g grated cheddar
50g grated red leicester
50g sliced mozzarellaPreparation Time:
15 MinsCooking Time:
30 MinsThis recipe makes 4 servings
This recipe is free from...
1. Cook the pasta until tender as per packet instructions. Make the meatballs while you wait.
2. Mix the mince, diced onion, crushed garlic, diced chilli and chopped coriander in a bowl with your hands, combine well then form small balls, you should get around 16 balls out of the mix. Set aside.
3. Melt the butter in pan, crush the garlic cloves and add to the butter. Saute over low heat, sprinkle in the flour and mix too a paste.
4. Slowly mix in the milk, stirring continuously to knock the lumps out and stop it curdling, add in the cheddar and red leicester cheese, keep stirring so it doesn't go lumpy. Once smooth and the cheese melted remove from the heat.
5. Mix the cheese sauce and pasta together in a casserole dish.
6. Frying the meatballs to seal then place on top of the pasta, add slices of mozzarella on top of them, place in oven for 20-25 mins on gas mark 4 to fully cook the meatballs and melt the cheese.
Nutritional info per serving