Fish pie doesn't have to be topped with potatoes, why not make it lower calorie and carb by topping with swede, or even carrot or butternut squash, they all add so many nutrients to a dish. Packed with fish it a fabulous high protein dish which is naturally gluten free, we even made this one dairy free.
This recipe is...
Low Sugar High Protein High Fibre Dairy Free Slimming World Friendly
2 hard boiled eggs
500ml fish stock
1 large leeks
Juice from half a lemon
100g plain soya yogurtTopping
2tbsp plain soya yogurtPreparation Time:
15 MinsCooking Time:
50 MinsThis recipe makes 2 servings
This recipe is free from...
1. Boil the swede and potato until soft and then mash with yogurt to make a smooth topping. In another pan put your eggs in boiling water and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until you have hard boiled eggs.
2. While the swede and potato are cooking, chop the cod and salmon into bitesize chunks and then fry in frying pan with fish stock until the fish is just cooked through.
2. Chop leeks and place into an oven proof dish along with parsley, peas and prawns.
3. Use a slotted spoon to remove fish from the stock, reserve quarter of the stock for later. Break fish over the leeks, prawns and peas and mix everything together in the dish.
4. Mix the yogurt, reserved stock and lemon juice together and pour over the fish. Chop the hard boiled eggs in half and lay yolk side up on top of the fish mix. Top with potato and swede mash and then place in oven on gas mark 4 for 30 mins or until browned.
Replace soya yogurt with regular natural yogurt
Nutritional info per serving