Spicy Chicken Leaf Wrap - Coeliac Sanctuary
Posted On: 21st June 2015
This recipe is one designed by Designed2Eat who make delicious gluten free brownies but also have a selection of healthy recipes. Wraps don't always have to be bread based, why not try a healthier leaf wrap, it's very low in calories and packed with nutrients, packed with delicious spicy chicken it's great for lunch times.
Recipe By: Designed2Eat at http://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk
This recipe is...
500-800g Frozen Chicken Thighs
4 Tbsp Cajun Spice Mix
1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
1 Tbsp. Honey
1-2 Green Peppers, sliced, chunky
2 Onions, Sliced, chunky
1 Lettuce Head, separated
Preparation Time: 15 Mins
Cooking Time: 30 Mins
This recipe is free from...
Celery, Crustaceans, Dairy, Egg, Fish, Gluten, Lupin, Molluscs, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Soya, Sulphites, Tree Nuts
1. In the morning or night before, place the chicken, passata and spices into your slow cooker and cook on a low heat for 8 - 12 hours. Basically until the meat is falling off the bone.
2. 20 minutes before you wish to serves the food. Chop the green peppers and onions and gently cook on a medium heat to slightly soften.
3. In the meantime, remove the chicken from the slow cooker and switch it off.
4. Remove the skin, and begin to pull the chicken of the bone using a fork.
5. Add the white meat to the slow cooker along with the veg.
6. Mixed all the ingredients together until the all the food is well coated.
7. Place the lettuce leaves on a separate plate.
8. Serve all the components and enjoy!
This is a recipe I cook all the time! It's a major time saver and best of all it is quick and easy to prepare! A slow cooker and wraps are a great way to create a flavour-some meal, which is both tasty and healthy. Normally wraps are a no go zone for anyone gluten free but this is healthy, cheap way to still have fun in the kitchen. You can use this wrap method for everyday meals or as part of a more relaxed dinner party meal, for a dinner party simply place all the components in individual bowls and your guests can assemble the wrap themselves! FUN! FUN! FUN! Warning. If you have kids; beware of the mess. However, it's a really fun way to entertain them!
What are these super cheap, healthy, nutritious, handy wraps I hear you ask? Lettuce leaves of course! 39p from your local supermarket and they contain up to 12 wraps.....plus extra for and extra side of salad.
Now, slow cookers. If you have never used one before......where have you been!?! First thing in the morning, you can place 500g worth of frozen chicken thighs, covered in passata and spices and wal-la! Walk into the home 8/12 hours later and the chicken is falling off the bone. Tender, juicy and absolute heaven. I couldn't recommend this recipe more highly.
For more recipes by Designed2Eat or to buy any of their products visit their website - www.designed2eat.co.uk
This recipe makes 4-6 wraps
Nutritional info per serving (based on 6 servings)
© 2019 Coeliac Sanctuary - https://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk