When the weather turns cold the slow cooker just has to be dusted off, a firm family favourite which can easily be made in the slow cooker is a sausage casserole, this version is also slimming world friendly and tastes amazing with the slight heat from the tabasco sauce, perfect for any cold night!
This recipe is...
Low Sugar Low Fat High Protein High Fibre Slimming World Friendly
1 large butternut squash
2 large tomato
1 red pepper
2 cloves crushed garlic
500ml chicken stock
1tbsp white wine vinegar
1/2tsp tabasco sauce
8 sausages (we used Marks and Spencer Skinny Pork)
400g can butter beans
100g garden peasPreparation Time:
10 MinsCooking Time:
6 HoursThis recipe makes 4
This recipe is free from...
1. Peel and chop the onion, carrot and butternut squash and throw into the slow cooker.
2. Chop the tomatoes roughly, no need to peel and also roughly chop the red pepper, add both of these and the crushed garlic to the slow cooker.
3. Add the passata, stock, vinegar and tabasco sauce to the slow cooker and stir well.
4. Place the sausages in the veg and sauce (you can brown them in a pan first if you like) and pop on the lid. Set the slow cooker to low and leave for 5 hours.
5. After the 5 hours, add in the butter beans (drained, don't add the water) and the peas (either frozen, canned or fresh, whichever you prefer),replace the slow cooker lid and leave for another hour before serving.
Nutritional info per servings