Slow Cooker Red Lentil Masala - Coeliac Sanctuary
Posted On: 14th March 2019
I love a good spicy dish, and it's even better when I can put it in the slow cooker and leave it for a while when I don't have time to stand at the cooker. This red lentil masala is naturally gluten free and also vegan, it is packed with so many delicious flavours, super filling and low calorie!
Recipe By: Alison Wheatley at http://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk
This recipe is...
1 red pepper
2tsp crushed garlic
1tsp chopped ginger
1 400g can chopped tomatoes
2tbsp Pataks tikka masala paste (doesn't have to be Pataks however this one is labelled gluten free)
1tbsp tomato puree
1/2tsp black pepper
1tsp smoked paprika
200ml reduced fat coconut milk
250ml vegetable stock
300g red lentils
Preparation Time: 10 Mins
Cooking Time: 3 Hours 30 Mins
This recipe is free from...
Celery, Crustaceans, Dairy, Egg, Fish, Gluten, Lupin, Molluscs, Peanuts, Sesame, Soya, Sulphites, Tree Nuts
1. Chop the onion and red pepper and place in the slow cooker.
2. Add the garlic, ginger, tomatoes, tikka masala paste, tomato puree, black pepper, paprika and coconut milk to the slow cooker and mix.
3. Stir the vegetable stock into the slow cooker.
4. Weigh out the red lentils and wash thoroughly, sift through to make sure there is no stray bits in there (very few red lentils don't carry a may contain gluten warning however Coeliac UK say all lentils are fine to use as long as you wash thoroughly)
5. Add the red lentils to the slow cooker and stir. Put the slow cooker on high for 3 and half hours, stirring occasionally if possible.
This recipe makes 4 servings
Nutritional info per serving
© 2019 Coeliac Sanctuary - https://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk