If you have to much meringue left over after making meringue nests or topping a lemon meringue pie have a got at making these, they are perfect for using it up. Naturally gluten free, just use dollops of meringue, bake and then fill with cream and fruit, or you could add chocolate, a delicious creamy dessert.
This recipe is...
Vegetarian Low Fat
6 egg whites
160g caster sugar
160g icing sugar
150ml double cream
80-100g of raspberriesPreparation Time:
20 MinsCooking Time:
10 MinsThis recipe makes 9 kisses
This recipe is free from...
1. Whisk egg whites until stiff (when bowl is tipped up egg white should remain stuck to the bowl) and then gradually whisk in the caster sugar.
2. Sieve and fold in one 3rd of the icing sugar, once folded in repeat twice more until all sugar is folded in and egg whites are glossy.
3. Using a dessert spoon dollop spoonfuls onto baking tray creating small peaked mounds, bake in oven on gas mark 2 for 10-15 mins until golden.
4. Allow to cool and then removed from baking tray, place on a plate to cool fully.
5. Whisk cream until thick, place a spoonful on the bottom side of one piece of meringue, add a few raspberries and then place another meringue on the other side.
Nutritional info per kiss