Ratatouille - Coeliac Sanctuary
Posted On: 8th August 2017
French stewed vegetables, ratatouille used to be seen as a "peasants" dish, made by poor French farmers, these days it is often served in restaurants, packed with gorgeous flavours from aubergine and tomatoes. Our version is naturally gluten free and vegan and packed with so many gorgeous flavours!
Recipe By: Alison Wheatley at http://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk
This recipe is...
2 cloves garlic
1/4tsp black pepper
1tbsp mixed herbs
1 red pepper
1 green or yellow pepper
Preparation Time: 15 Mins
Cooking Time: 45 Mins
This recipe is free from...
Celery, Crustaceans, Dairy, Egg, Fish, Gluten, Lupin, Molluscs, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Soya, Sulphites, Tree Nuts
1 Score the skin on the tomatoes with a knife (so the score lines mark out 1/4's).
2. Place the tomatoes in boiling water for 30 seconds, remove and place in iced water for 20 seconds. Peel off the skin and discard.
3. Roughly chop the tomato flesh and place in blender with black pepper, crushed garlic and herbs. Blend for 30 seconds until fairly smooth but with some chunks remaining.
4. Roughly chop the aubergine, courgette, onion and peppers into bitesize chunks.
5. Place the tomato puree in the bottom of an oven proof dish, pour over all the veg and lightly stir so the tomato lightly coats some of the veg. Sprinkle a few more herbs on the top.
6. Place in an oven preheated to gas mark 4 for 40-45 mins until the veg is soft and browned on top. Remove from oven and serve, it will serve 2 as a meal on its own or 4 as a side.
This recipe makes 2 servings
Nutritional info per serving
© 2020 Coeliac Sanctuary - https://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk