Potato Bowls - Coeliac Sanctuary
Posted On: 3rd January 2015
Jacket potatoes get so boring, Coeliacs are offered jacket potatoes as the only gluten free option far too often, so why not spice it up at little with potato bowls paced with egg, cheese and bacon instead. Don't waste the potato from the middle either, instead make some mash from it and serve it with dinner the next day!
Recipe By: Alison Wheatley at http://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk
This recipe is...
2 large baked potatoes
2 strips bacon
1tbsp parsley, chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preparation Time: 10 Mins
Cooking Time: 4 Hours 30 Mins
This recipe is free from...
Celery, Crustaceans, Fish, Gluten, Lupin, Molluscs, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Soya, Sulphites, Tree Nuts
1. Bake potatoes in the oven for a good 3-4 hours on gas mark 3 or 4 until the inside is soft but the outside is nice and crisp.
2. With the potato on it's side, use a knife to carefully cut off the top of the potato, hollow out the centre with a spoon.
3. Repeat step two with the second potato.
4. Grill the bacon until cooked and cut into pieces.
5. Crack an egg into the bottom of each hollowed out potato.
6. On top of the egg place the bacon, followed by cheese, finish off with some herbs and salt and pepper.
7. Return to the oven for 20 mins to allow the egg to cook and cheese to melt.
If you wish to make dairy free, use soya cheese in place of cheddar
This recipe makes 2 bowls
Nutritional info per bowl
© 2020 Coeliac Sanctuary - https://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk