Jacket potatoes get so boring, Coeliacs are offered jacket potatoes as the only gluten free option far too often, so why not spice it up at little with potato bowls paced with egg, cheese and bacon instead. Don't waste the potato from the middle either, instead make some mash from it and serve it with dinner the next day!
This recipe is...
Vegetarian Low Sugar High Protein FODMAP Friendly Slimming World Friendly
2 large baked potatoes
2 strips bacon
1tbsp parsley, chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepperPreparation Time:
10 MinsCooking Time:
4 Hours 30 MinsThis recipe makes 2 bowls
This recipe is free from...
1. Bake potatoes in the oven for a good 3-4 hours on gas mark 3 or 4 until the inside is soft but the outside is nice and crisp.
2. With the potato on it's side, use a knife to carefully cut off the top of the potato, hollow out the centre with a spoon.
3. Repeat step two with the second potato.
4. Grill the bacon until cooked and cut into pieces.
5. Crack an egg into the bottom of each hollowed out potato.
6. On top of the egg place the bacon, followed by cheese, finish off with some herbs and salt and pepper.
7. Return to the oven for 20 mins to allow the egg to cook and cheese to melt.
If you wish to make dairy free, use soya cheese in place of cheddar
Nutritional info per bowl