Mash doesn't have be boring, did you know that sweet potato mashed with spices gives it the most spectacular taste, it gives it a lovely Moroccan feel and is obviously naturally gluten free. Served with orange chicken you get a fusion between oriental and Moroccan which is a fabulous taste sensation.
This recipe is...
Low Sugar Low Fat High Protein High Fibre Slimming World Friendly
2 chicken breasts
2tbsp orange juice
zest from half an orange
2tsp ground cumin
1tsp grated gingerMash
Large sweet potato
1tsp ground cumin
1tsp ground cinnamon
Dash of dairy free milk or regular milkPreparation Time:
1 hour 15 MinsCooking Time:
20 MinsThis recipe makes 2 servings
This recipe is free from...
1. Dice the chicken breast into chunky cubes.
2. In a bowl mix together the orange juice, zest, cumin and ginger, place the cubed chicken into the marinade, cover and place in the fridge for 30 mins to 1 hour.
3. While the chicken in marinading, peel and cube the the sweet potato, place in a pan of water and boil until soft, around 15 to 20 mins.
4. Take two skewers and slide pieces of the chicken onto the skewers until both are full. If using wooden skewers soak them in water for 20 mins before spearing the chicken on, this will help prevent them from burning. Place the skewers under the grill for 5-7 mins, flip them over and cook for a further 5-7 mins on the other side.
5. Once the potato is soft, drain off the water and add the cumin, cinnamon and milk to the pan, mash the potato with a masher until smooth and creamy.
6. Serve the skewers and spiced mash with veg. You could also do the skewers on a BBQ in the sunny weather, instead of serving with mash and veg, use a jacket sweet potato and salad instead.
Nutritional info per serving