Pizza has to be one of the most popular fast foods ever and when it comes to gluten free it is rather hit and miss, you can get them in some pizza places and you can buy frozen (some are better than others!) but sometimes you just have to have a go at making your own. These mini ones are perfect for parties!
This recipe is...
Vegetarian Low Sugar Low Fat FODMAP Friendly
175g gluten free white bread flour
2tsp dried yeast
1tsp cyder vinegar
20g tomato puree
50g grated cheese
Toppings of choicePreparation Time:
45 MinsCooking Time:
45 MinsThis recipe makes 4 mini pizzas
This recipe is free from...
1. In a bowl mix together the flour, salt, sugar and yeast.
2. Beat together the milk, vinegar and oil in a jug, pour into a pan and heat for a few seconds, until tepid, too cold and it won't react with the yeast, too hot and it will kill the yeast, it needs to me just tepid to the touch.
3. Make a well in the flour and crack in the egg, whisk very lightly with a fork to break it up, and pour the milk mix on top. Mix well with a wooden spoon, the mixture will be quite light and slightly liquidy yet still firm-ish.
4. Grease a tray with oil and split the mix into 4 with a spoon, drop the spoonfuls fairly wide apart on the tray and flatten down.
5. The best method we have found to prove the base is to heat the oven to the lowest temperature possible and place the tray on the open grill or leave on top of the oven, cover with cling film and leave to prove for about half an hour, the bases should spread pretty well in this time.
6. Heat oven to around gas mark 3 and bake for half an hour, remove from oven and apply tomato puree and cheese (plus any other toppings you want to add),put back in oven on gas mark 5 for another 10-15 mins to cook the toppings.
Nutritional info per pizza