Mini Egg Easter Cookies - Coeliac Sanctuary
Posted On: 24th March 2016
We are so thankful that Cadbury mini eggs are gluten free, what would we do without them (cry probably). You can do so much come easy with those little colourful beauties, we love to put them into crunchy gluten free cookies the colours bleed out into the cookies making the more fabulous looking cookies when they break.
Recipe By: Alison Wheatley at http://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk
This recipe is...
100g dark brown sugar
125g caster sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
230g gluten free self raising flour
2 90g bags mini eggs
Preparation Time: 15 Mins
Cooking Time: 25 Mins
This recipe is free from...
Celery, Crustaceans, Fish, Gluten, Lupin, Molluscs, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Soya, Sulphites, Tree Nuts
1. Cream the butter with both sugars using a fork. Add in the egg and vanilla and beat into the creamed mix.
2. Place bags into a clear food bag and bash with a rolling pin. One hit to each egg should break it enough, you want chunky pieces not tiny bits (this is why we used a clear bag, you could do it in the packet but you won't easily be able to see if you have hit them all efficiently)
3. Sift in the flour and salt and then add in the mini egg pieces. Beat together to make a dough.
4. Grease and line a baking tray or two and then roll walnut sized balls of the dough mixture and space out on the tray(s), the mixture should make around 12.
5. Place in an oven heated to gas mark 5 for 15-25 mins until nicely browned.
NB: You don't have to just make this for Easter you could swap mini eggs out for chocolate chips or m&m's
This recipe makes 12 biscuits
Nutritional info per biscuit
© 2019 Coeliac Sanctuary - https://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk