Milk Chocolate Tart - Coeliac Sanctuary
Posted On: 14th January 2017
Super indulgent chocolate tart, any chocoholics dream! A beautiful gluten free shortcrust pastry filled with a silky smooth milk chocolate and cream centre. It is a very saccharine sweet dessert but great for those special occasions, you could easily change it up a bit too by using white or dark chocolate.
Recipe By: Jamie Peters at http://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk
This recipe is...
225g gluten free plain flour
1 large egg yolk
400ml double cream
400g milk chocolate
1/5tsp vanilla extract
Preparation Time: 25 Mins
Cooking Time: 6 Hours 30 Mins
This recipe is free from...
Celery, Crustaceans, Fish, Gluten, Lupin, Molluscs, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Soya, Sulphites, Tree Nuts
1. Sift the flour and rub in the margarine to make a breadcrumb consistency.
2. Mix in the egg yolk and sugar.
3. With a round ended knife, gradually mix in the water until you reach a nice doughy consistency. You might need more or less than the 2 tbsp specified.
4. Wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for 15 mins or so before use.
5. Once the pastry has chilled, roll out to about half a centimetre thick on a well floured surface or between two pieces of cling film.
6. Grease a large flan dish and press the pastry into it. Line with greaseproof paper and add baking beans, blind bake on gas mark 5 for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is browned.
7. While the pastry is blind baking, place the cream, vanilla extract and sugar in a pan and bring to the boil. Take the cream off the heat and add in the margarine and chocolate, stir until both have melted into the hot cream.
8. Once everything has melted together whisk with an electric whisk until thick and creamy
9. Pour the chocolate into the blind baked case and leave on the side to cool for a few hours, once cold enough place in the fridge and chill for at least 6 hours but ideally overnight.
This recipe makes 12 servings
Nutritional info per serving
© 2020 Coeliac Sanctuary - https://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk