Melting Moments - Coeliac Sanctuary
Posted On: 15th March 2015
A favourite of my other half that he makes frequently and has done for years, they are deliciously crumbly and coated in desiccated coconut. He adapted this recipe from a popular family one so I could have them gluten free. A really easy biscuit to make that really does melt in the mouth when you bite into the them.
Recipe By: Jamie Peters at http://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk
This recipe is...
65g dairy free spread
1/2 an egg
1tsp vanilla extract
140g gluten free plain flour flour
10g gluten free baking powder
20g desiccated coconut
Preparation Time: 10 Mins
Cooking Time: 15 Mins
This recipe is free from...
Celery, Crustaceans, Dairy, Fish, Gluten, Lupin, Molluscs, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Soya, Sulphites, Tree Nuts
1. Cream the butter, lard and sugar together until smooth
2. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
2. Gradually add the flour and baking powder and mix well.
4. Break off walnut sized balls and roll in hands to smooth out, repeat until all the dough is used.
5. Roll each ball in the coconut.
6. Place on a baking tray and flatten down with your hand.
7. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes on gas mark 4.
If you don't need dairy free switch dairy free spread for regular margarine
This recipe makes 14 biscuits
Nutritional info per biscuit
© 2019 Coeliac Sanctuary - https://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk