Sometimes you can't beat a pie without pastry, and of course, for the most part that will make them naturally gluten free. This pie is filled with succulent pieces of chicken and ham along with leeks and some creamy cheese and topped with a carrot and potato topping! Delicious on a cold night.
This recipe is...
Low Sugar High Protein Slimming World Friendly
2 large potatoes
1tbsp fromage frais
1tsp tarragonChicken Filling
Half a leek
3 chicken thighs
200ml chicken stock
1 small can ham
1tsp mustard powder
40g reduced fat cheddar
1tbsp fromage fraisPreparation Time:
20 MinsCooking Time:
40 MinsThis recipe makes 2 servings
This recipe is free from...
1. Peel and chop the potatoes and carrot, place in a pan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Cook until the veg have softened then remove from the heat.
2. While the veg is cooking, in a separate pan place the leek, roughly chopped, chopped chicken thighs, chicken stock and tarragon. Place on a low heat and cook until the chicken is cooked through.
3. Once the chicken is cooked, add in the canned ham, chopped into small chunks, mustard powder and grated cheddar cheese. Keep on the heat and stir until the cheese has melted. Thicken with the cornflour then remove from the heat and stir through the fromage frais.
4. Pour the chicken mix into 2 small pie dishes and set aside.
5. Drain the water from the potato and carrot and mash with fromage frais and tarragon.
6. Spoon the potato and carrot mash on top of the pies and spread over, place the pies under a grill to brown the top.
Nutritional info per serving