Marshmallow isn't the easiest of snack to make yourself but it oddly satisfying to make. It requires a lot of patience but your efforts will pay off, it's naturally gluten free and dairy free and it is very sweet! A great little snack or even better when they are melted on top of hot chocolate.
This recipe is...
Low Calorie Low Sugar Low Fat FODMAP Friendly Slimming World Friendly
450g granulated sugar
200ml cold water
1tbsp icing sugar
100ml hot water
2 sachets gelatine
2 egg whites
1tsp vanila extract
Sugar thermometerPreparation Time:
30 MinsCooking Time:
5 HoursThis recipe makes 56 pieces
This recipe is free from...
1. Put the sugar in pan with the cold water, heat and stir with wooden spoon until the sugar is completely dissolved.
2. Once sugar is dissolved, bring to boil without stirring and allow to heat to exactly 120 degrees Celsius on a sugar thermometer (takes about 5 mins).
3. Meanwhile, line a square cake tin with baking parchment, grease with a little oil or low calorie cooking spray.
4. Mix together the cornflour and icing sugar and scatter a little over the parchment.
5. Put the hot water in a small bowl and mix in the gelatine until completely dissolved.
6. Whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks.
7. Once the sugar syrup reaches 120 degrees, remove from heat and pour in the gelatine, the mix will fizz up, let it stand for a few seconds then pour into a heatproof jug.
8. At a low speed, whisk eggs again while very slowly pouring in the sugar syrup, increase mixer speed until at full and whisk for 10 mins, until it leaves a thick trail over the surface.
9. Whisk in vanilla essence.
10. Pour into cake tin and sprinkle over some icing sugar mix. Allow to set for 5 hours.
11. Once set, cut into 56 pieces, coat in icing mix, and store in an air tight container.
Nutritional info per piece