Low Carb Cloud Bread - Coeliac Sanctuary
Posted On: 21st April 2017
A popular trend is making cloud bread, it isn't exactly bread but it does make a good alternative to gluten free bread for things like burgers, they are low calories and have minimum ingredients. Don't expect it to be like proper bread because it really isn't, it is really tasty in its own way though.
Recipe By: Alison Wheatley at http://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk
This recipe is...
3 medium eggs
3tbsp cottage cheese or quark
1/2tsp baking powder
1/2tsp stevia or other granulated sweetener
Preparation Time: 10 Mins
Cooking Time: 25 Mins
This recipe is free from...
Celery, Crustaceans, Fish, Gluten, Lupin, Molluscs, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Soya, Sulphites, Tree Nuts
1. Separate the yolks and the egg whites into two bowls, be careful not to get any yolk into the whites.
2. Add the cottage cheese/quark to the yolks (cottage cheese will give a slightly lumpy texture to the "bread" whereas quark makes it smoother) along with the baking powder, sweetener and salt. Beat together well.
3. In the other bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks.
4. Fold the yolk mix into the egg whites being careful to pop as few of the bubbles in the whites as possible.
5. Either grease or use fry light on a baking tray, create rounds about the size of a burger bun (about 2tbsp of mix per round) on the baking tray, try and put then a few inches apart as they will spread a bit.
6. Bake in an oven preheated to gas mark 4 for 25-30 minutes until well browned on the top.
7. Allow to cool on cooling rack, you can use straight away, the bread will have a more of a soft meringue texture, leave overnight in a sealed container and they will firm up some more. They can be used in place of bread, as burger buns or as wraps.
This recipe makes 8 rounds
Nutritional info per round
© 2019 Coeliac Sanctuary - https://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk