Quinoa, my favourite, most versatile gluten free grain, it can practically be served with anything, sweet or savoury. In this dish we use the naturally gluten free grain in a salad served with lean lamb steaks. A speedy summer dish great as a quick throw together dish, why not do the lamb on the BBQ!
This recipe is...
Low Sugar High Protein High Fibre Slimming World Friendly
Juice of 1 lime
1/2tsp olive oil
Quarter of a cucumber
8-9 cherry tomatoes
2 lamb steaks
1tbsp ground peppercornsPreparation Time:
5 MinsCooking Time:
20 MinsThis recipe makes 2 servings
This recipe is free from...
1. Place the quinoa in a pan of cold water and place on the hob over a medium heat. Allow to cook for around 15 mins until done (the quinoa is cooked when it has popped).
2. While waiting for the quinoa, place the lime juice, honey, oil, mint, parsley and coriander (you can use dried of fresh herbs) in a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
3. Prepare the cucumber by cutting into chunks and chop the cherry tomatoes in half, also set aside to go in with the quinoa later.
4. Prepare the lamb by rubbing the peppercorns on both sides of the steaks then pop in a frying pan with a little oil and fry for 3-4 mins on each side or a bit longer if you prefer it more well done.
5. When the quinoa is cooked, drain off the water and allow to cool for a few minutes, somewhat like couscous, quinoa doesn't take long to cool. Once cooled a bit, place in the bowl with herb mixture and stir well to coat the quinoa, add in the cucumber and tomatoes and spoon out onto plates. By now you should have a warm if not fully cold quinoa salad.
6. Once the lamb is cooked to your satisfaction serve up with the quinoa salad.
Nutritional info per serving