Keto Bread - Coeliac Sanctuary
Posted On: 14th July 2017
Ketogenic grain free bread is unlike any other bread, it is very nice but does have a delicate nutty taste due to being made with almonds. It is a great naturally gluten free alternative to other gluten free breads though which is also dairy free. The Ketogenic diet is high fat, low carb which fits this bread perfectly!
Recipe By: Alison Wheatley at http://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk
This recipe is...
7 large eggs
3tbsp coconut oil
300g ground almonds
1tsp baking powder
1tsp xanthan gum
Preparation Time: 15 Mins
Cooking Time: 40 Mins
This recipe is free from...
Celery, Crustaceans, Dairy, Fish, Gluten, Lupin, Molluscs, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Soya, Sulphites,
1. Crack the eggs into a large bowl, using an electric whisk, whisk for a couple of minutes until frothy.
2. Add the coconut oil (solid not melted) to the eggs and whisk for another 4-5 minutes until pale and creamy.
3. Place all the dry ingredients into the egg mix and whisk once more until well combined.
4. Grease and line a large loaf tin, pour in the bread mix and place in an oven preheated to gas mark 5 for 40 minutes until well browned and a skewer pressed into the middle comes out clean.
5. Once cooked, turn out onto a cooling rack and allow to cool for a few hours.
This recipe makes 12 slices
Nutritional info per slice
© 2019 Coeliac Sanctuary - https://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk