Gluten Free Fruit Loaf (in Breadmaker) - Coeliac Sanctuary
Posted On: 5th May 2015
This recipe is similar to the regular gluten free white bread we did in the breadmaker but we tweaked it to make it into a fabulous gluten free fruit loaf. Fruit bread is fabulous with a good slab of butter, especially fresh out of the breadmaker or toasted, a deliciously fruity breakfast full of flavour.
This recipe is...
Dairy Free, Low Fat, Vegetarian
300ml soya milk
1tsp apple cyder vinegar
50ml vegetable oil
350g gluten free strong white bread flour
150g mixed dried fruit
2tsp mixed spice
2tsp gluten free dry yeast
Preparation Time: 10 Mins
Cooking Time: 3 Hours 30 Mins
This recipe contains
This recipe is for a bread maker only
1. Beat together the soya milk, cyder vinegar, oil and eggs in a jug and pour into the bread maker pan.
2. Sift together the flour, salt and sugar and pour on top of the wet ingredients.
3. Sprinkle the yeast, fruit and spice on the top and close the lid.
4. For the best results we found a standard setting worked better than a gluten free setting therefore this recipe will work in all bread makers. Choose a basic setting, if you have the choice on your machine, select a medium sized loaf with a medium crust colour. The optimal time needed to cook is 3 hours 15 mins to 3 hours 30 mins. Once setting are done, start the machine.
5. Check after a few minutes of cooking and gently push the dough away from the sides using a spatula, after this close the lid and leave the machine to it until finished.
6. Once cooked remove from the machine, remember to remove the blade from the centre of the bread (thats what caused the hole in the top of ours!), and slice.
Normal milk can be used in place of soya milk if you don't want the bread dairy free
This recipe makes 10 slices
Nutritional info per slice
© 2021 Coeliac Sanctuary -