I remember these being so popular with the kids, I used to love the cheese ones but I know the mince beef were a lot of kids favourites! This recipe is great for a treat, they are pretty simple to make, gluten free pancake mix coated in gluten free breadcrumbs and packed with delicious beef and onion!
This recipe is...
Low Calorie Low Sugar Low Fat
120g gluten free plain flour
1tsp crushed garlic
280g mince beef
2tsp coriander leaf
300ml beef stock
2tsp worcestershire sauce
2tbsp gluten free gravy granulesCrispy Coating
60g natural yogurt
60g gluten free breadcrumbs (I prefer Tesco Free From ones as they are quite chunky)Preparation Time:
15 MinsCooking Time:
1 Hour 20 MinsThis recipe makes 8 pancakes
This recipe is free from...
1. Using a balloon whisk, whisk the plain flour, egg, milk and flour together to make a smooth pancake batter. Leave to sit for 15 minutes before use.
2. While the batter is settling you can make the filling. Finely chop the onion the add to a frying pan to lightly brown along with the garlic.
3. Once the onion has browned, add in the mince and coriander, leave to cook for 5-10 mins stirring occasionally until all the mince is cooked through.
4. Once the mince is cooked add in the beef stock and worcestershire sauce and bring to the boil, and simmer for 5 mins. Once the stock has reduced slightly add in the gravy granules and stir to thicken and make a lovely thick gravy for your meat. Set aside.
5. Heat a frying pan (lightly greased or sprayed with frylight) and ladle in a spoonful of the batter mix made earlier, fry for about 1 minute on one side and then flip and fry the other for another minute. Remove from the pan and repeat with the rest of the batter, don't make the pancakes to thick you want them quite thin, the mix is enough to make 8 pancakes.
6. Let the pancakes cook slightly and then place a tablespoon of the meat mix on one half off the pancake leaving a good centimetre around the edge clear. Brush some water around the edge and then fold the other side over the top of the meat, press down on the edges to seal. Repeat with all 8 pancakes.
7. Place the natural yogurt on a plate or in a dish and gluten free breadcrumbs on another plate. Using a pastry brush, brush one side of the pancakes lightly with the yogurt and them place the coated side on the breadcrumbs, gently press down so they stick to the yogurt. While on the breadcrumbs you can coat the second side with yogurt then flip over and again gently press onto the breadcrumbs. Transfer to a baking tray. Repeat with all 8 pancakes.
8. Once all the pancakes have been coated in breadcrumbs place in an over pre heated to gas mark 6 and bake for 30-40 mins until nicely browned and crisp!
Nutritional info per pancake