Choco-coconut cake - Coeliac Sanctuary
Posted On: 29th May 2015
Based of another of our recipes, "Death by Coconut" this one has been turned into a chocoholics and coconutaholics delight. Made with naturally gluten free coconut flour, oil and milk it is also flavoured with some chocolate, it is almost like Bounty in a cake. Very chocolatey and extemely delicious.
Recipe By: Alison Wheatley at http://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk
This recipe is...
110g coconut flour
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
80g desiccated coconut
1tbsp cocoa powder
140g coconut oil
200ml Alpro coconut milk
4tsp vanilla extract
4 egg whites
Butter Cream Filling
50g sunflower spread
100g icing sugar
1/2tbsp cocoa powder
50g dairy free chocolate
10g chocolate chips
10g desiccated coconut
Preparation Time: 20 Mins
Cooking Time: 50 Mins
This recipe is free from...
Celery, Crustaceans, Dairy, Fish, Gluten, Lupin, Molluscs, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Soya, Sulphites, Tree Nuts
1. In a bowl mix together the flour, bicarbinate of soda, salt, desiccated coconut and cocoa powder.
2. In another bowl, melt the coconut oil for a few seconds in the microwave until liquid, add the honey, coconut milk, vanilla extract and eggs too the oil and whisk until foamy.
3. In yet another bowl whisk the two egg whites until stiff peaks.
4. Mix the foamy egg mix into the dry ingredients and then gently fold in the egg whites, the finished mix will be very thick.
5. Grease and line two cake pans, split the mixture between the two and bake in the oven on gas mark 5 for 30-40 mins. Once cooked remove from the oven and turn out onto a cooling rack and allow to go cold.
6. Once cold, in a bowl cream together all the ingredients for the butter cream filling, once well combined place on top of one of the cakes, spread so the top area is covered and then lay the other cake on the top.
7. Break the chocolate into a dish and melt in the microwave for 10 second, keep putting the microwave on 10 second intervals until all the chocolate has melted thoroughly. Spread the chocolate on top of the cake.
8. Sprinkle over the chocolate chips and coconut.
This recipe makes 10 slices
Nutritional info per slice
© 2019 Coeliac Sanctuary - https://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk