Cheesy Carrot and Spinach Fritters - Coeliac Sanctuary
Posted On: 22nd March 2018
Great alternative to an omelette or a pancake, they are a kind of a cross between the two. Using just eggs, carrot, spinach and a few spices, these naturally gluten free fritters are so good with cheese melted in the middle! You can also eat them on their own but the melted cheese just adds another dimension.
Recipe By: Alison Wheatley at http://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk
This recipe is...
2 large carrot
1tsp onion granules
Preparation Time: 10 Mins
Cooking Time: 15 Mins
This recipe is free from...
Celery, Crustaceans, Fish, Gluten, Lupin, Molluscs, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Soya, Sulphites, Tree Nuts
1. Peel and then grate the carrots, place in a bowl and set aside.
2. Wilt the spinach in a little water in a frying pan placed on a low heat, this only takes about 30 seconds. Once wilted, add to carrot
2. Beat the egg with the turmeric and onion granules the pour over the carrots and mix well.
3. Heat a frying pan sprayed with frylight (or oil if you prefer), once hot place a couple of spoonfuls of the egg mix in frying pan (about size of scotch pancake), fry on each side for few mins until brown then remove from the pan
4. Repeat with rest of mix to make 4 (if your pan is big enough you could do them all at once if you like).
5. Place or leave two of the fritters back in the frying pan, put cheese on top of each then place other fritter on top and fry for a min until cheese melts.
This recipe makes 2 fritters
Nutritional info per fritter
© 2020 Coeliac Sanctuary - https://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk