Beetroot and Chickpea Burgers - Coeliac Sanctuary
Posted On: 10th April 2019
I love some beetroot almost as much as chickpeas, these gluten free and meat free burgers make use of both of these delicious ingredients, combined with gentle spicey flavours they make a lovely vegetarian alternative to burgers, great served with a salad or even with a BBQ.
Recipe By: Alison Wheatley at http://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk
This recipe is...
400g canned chickpeas
1 red onion
2 spring onions
2 cooked beetroot
Juice of half a lemon
50g oats or rice flakes
1tsp chilli powder
1/4tsp cayenne pepper
1/4tsp black pepper
Preparation Time: 15 Mins
Cooking Time: 10 Mins
This recipe is free from...
Celery, Crustaceans, Dairy, Fish, Gluten, Lupin, Molluscs, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Soya, Sulphites, Tree Nuts
1. Drain a can of chickpeas and place in a food processor.
2. Peel and chop the red onion, roughly chip the spring onions and grated the beetroot. Place all in the food processor with the chickpeas.
3. Add the lemon juice, oats, egg, garlic, chilli powder, cayenne pepper and black pepper to the rest of the ingredients. Blend in the food processor for a minute until you get a paste.
4. Grease or use Frylight in a frying pan and grease/spray crumpet rings. Once hot spoon the mix into the crumpet rings, we find the mix is a little too runny to create and effective burger without the aid of a crumpet ring, it just helps to keep them more stable.
5. Fry for 3-4 mins on each side until well browned.
This recipe makes 6 burgers
Nutritional info per burger
© 2020 Coeliac Sanctuary - https://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk