I'm personally not a tomato fan, so when it comes to my gluten free bolognese I love to bulk it out using baked beans, the tomato sauce has a milder taste than tomatoes and the beans add more protein to the mix. A sauce that will be a great hit with the kids you could even throw in some sneaky hidden vegetables while you are at it!
This recipe is...
High Protein High Fibre Dairy Free Slimming World Friendly
240g gluten free spaghetti
500g lean mince beef
2 large cans (830g) baked beans
1 can chopped tomatoes (optional extra if you want to add them)
80g garden peas
500ml beef stock
3-4tsp cornflourPreparation Time:
10 MinsCooking Time:
15 MinsThis recipe makes 4 servings
This recipe is free from...
1. Cook the spaghetti in a pan of boiling water over a medium heat, spaghetti is cooked when tender and can easily be broken when you push your fingernail through it, this takes 10-15 mins.
2. While the spaghetti is cooking, dice the onion and then place the oil in a pan and heat. Add the onion to the pan and fry for 2-3 mins to soften. Add in the mince beef and cook until browned and cooked through.
3. Once the mince in cooked, add in the beef stock, baked beans, chopped tomatoes (if using) and peas. Leave to simmer for 3-4 mins.
4. Mix the cornflour with 5-6tsp of cold water and add to the bolognese mix. Stir well and allow to boil for a few minutes, the cornflour will thicken the sauce.
5. Place the spaghetti on the plate and top with the beany bolognese. You could also make the bolognese and serve on a jacket potato instead of with pasta.
Nutritional info per serving