Banana, Clementine & Poppy Seed Loaf - Coeliac Sanctuary
Posted On: 3rd December 2016
Banana loaf with a twist, we have combined it with a clementine to give it a refreshing orangy flavour while also giving it the flourish of another popular cake; poppyseeds, from a popular lemon and poppyseed cake. Not only is this a screwed round version of a banana loaf but it is also gluten free and Vegan.
Recipe By: Alison Wheatley at http://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk
This recipe is...
310g gluten free self raising flour
45g Truvia or Stevia or 120g caster sugar
25g poppy seeds
1 large banana (preferably very ripe)
Zest and juice of a clementine
200ml almond milk
80ml vegetable oil
30g icing sugar
Juice from 1/2 a clementine
Zest from 1 clementine
Preparation Time: 15 Mins
Cooking Time: 40 Mins
This recipe is free from...
Celery, Crustaceans, Dairy, Egg, Fish, Gluten, Lupin, Molluscs, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Soya, Sulphites,
1. In a mixing bowl, mix together the flour, sweetener or sugar and poppy seeds and give it a quick mix through.
2. Break the banana into pieces in another bowl and mash well.
3. Add the zest and juice from 1 clementine, the milk, oil and mashed banana to the dry ingredients in the other mixing bowl and fold together with a wooden spoon. don't over mix, just mix enough to bring all the ingredients together.
4. Grease a loaf tin with some oil and place the mix in the tin. Bake in an oven preheated to gas mark 5 for 30-40 mins until well browned and a skewer pushed into the middle comes out clean.
5. Once cooked, place on a cooling rack and allow to go cold. Once cold mix the icing sugar, clementine juice and zest together and drizzle over the top of the loaf.
If you don't want it Vegan, you can use regular milk and 1 egg instead of oil.
This recipe makes 10 slices
Nutritional info per slice
© 2020 Coeliac Sanctuary - https://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk