Doughnuts, or donuts, whichever spelling you prefer, don't have to be just fried. Why not make them a little lower calorie and a lot less greasy by baking them. This delicious gluten free baked donut recipe are easy to make and very tasty. With a lovely vanilla flavour they are sure to go down a treat.
This recipe is...
Vegetarian Low Fat
150g gluten free plain flour
1tsp baking powder
1/8tsp bicarbinate of soda
2tbsp vegetable oil
3tsp vanilla extract
2 medium eggs
100g icing sugarPreparation Time:
15 MinsCooking Time:
20 MinsThis recipe makes 4 donuts
This recipe is free from...
1. In a bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, bicarb and salt.
2. In a second bowl place melted margarine, sugar, oil and vanilla extract, whisk together with an electric whisk until smooth for about 1 minutes
3. Whisk the eggs into the butter mix one at a time until well combined.
4. Whisk in 1/3 of the flour mix, followed by half of the milk, then repeat ending with the final third of the flour.
5. Grease 4 donut moulds with butter or oil and fill until three quarters full, then place in an oven preheated to gas mark 6 and and bake for 15-20 mins until golden brown on the top and a skewer or toothpick comes out of donut clean.
6. Place the donuts on a wire rack to cool then decorate. We used 100g icing sugar mixed with a dash of water until think and spreadable, placed half of it thickly on the top of two donuts and let it run down the sides, and then dyed the rest with food colouring for the remaining and drizzled a drop of melted chocolate over. However you could just sugar them, use chocolate, icing and sprinkles or just decorate however you want to.
Nutritional info per donut